ADMISSION TO THE LIBRARY :
A Person who is not a member of the library should not be admitted in to the Library. However non-members should be admitted only by special permit to be Issued from the Principal and Librarian or his deputy during his absence. The decision of the Librarian or his deputy should be final. Membership / Identity card should be shown at the counter when requested and every member should enter his / her name and member ship number (Branch / Admin Number) in the gate register.
The Library prohibits Boxes, Bags, Umbrellas, Sticks, Personal Books and such other items, so they should be left at the property counter. Silence should be strictly observed in the Library. Spitting and smoking are strictly prohibited. Misbehaving in the Library is strictly prohibited.
RULES AND REGULATIONS :
- Readers and Visitors are requested not to bring their belongings in the library.
- Users are requested to learn the book / documents on the reading table after consultation.
- No documents issued brought to the library unless for returning
- Photo copying (Reprography) service shall be available for the library material against payment.
- Users are responsible for photocopying with copyright get while copying library documents.
- Improper use of library facility by a member will lead to the suspension of his / her membership.
- Silence and strict discipline should be maintained in the library by a user and the library staff.
- Every one shall ensure that no reader should feel disturbed in their study by any get of his / her.
- Mobile phones and other loud electronic materials are strictly prohibited in side library premises.
- The library rules and regulations shall be modified from time to time and shall be binding on all concerned.
**** Among the Non-Academic staff certain of employees get library facilities at the discretion of the library In-charge.
- An overdue charge of Rs. 1 per day shall be charged against each Book / Document not returned within the due date.
- A Document (Book) Issued may be renewed up to 2 times provided, there is no reservation against it.
- A document may be recalled before the due date if required urgently in the Library. Failure to respond promptly may lead to suspension of library privileges
- Member proceeding on long leave or discontinued etc., exceeding three months should return the documents that are borrowed.
- Certain documents are intended to be used only in the library premises. These include return books, some text books, rare books, current and bound periodical etc.
- Borrowers are requested to check if the documents being borrowed are complete and no pages are missing in it. In case of defect or damage in the book should be brought to the notice of the library staff.
- Borrowers are responsible for the documents they borrow documents lost, torn or damaged (tearing of pages, Underlining, making notes damaging of binding and the like) shall attract serious action and replacement of document concern.
- In special cases the library may authorize the issue of any document mentioned under the rule 6 above to a library member.
- If a document is not returned within 15 days of its due date it shall be treated as lost and action shall be initiated to recover the cost of the document as per the rules.
- Newly arrived documents shall be displayed documents on display shall be issued only after a specified period.
- No documents shall be returned on the day of issue.
- While learning the library user should ensure that they carry only those books that are duly issued on their names otherwise disciplinary action will be taken against them